Why We Hide

Page 2 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Why We Hide

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:30 pm

"I'm sorry. You must be hungry, not being given appropriate time to finish breakfast."

Back to top Go down

Post by 13obthepirate on Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:35 pm

"Don't worry, I'll survive," I said standing up. I realized that standing up was a bad idea about 5 milliseconds into it. I started wincing in pain...and well, I kinda fell over, only to be save by Shirlee.
"It appears that I am in debt to you," I said.
13obthepirate
really likes to post.
really likes to post.

Male Posts : 1919
Birthday : 1998-02-10
Humor : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1dirHGODpM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:39 pm

"As long as you owe me I'll never be broke" I said, recalling one of my father's favorite lines. "Now sit down so we can put more pressure on that leg."

Back to top Go down

Post by 13obthepirate on Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:42 pm

"Gah!" I shouted. I hated needing someone else so much..."I want to leave," I said. "I want to get up and run and jump and..." my voice trailed off. What if my entire life was going to be this...what if? No, I can't think of that.
((Hey do you mind if I make it more interesting than just a person trying to nurse another person back to health...by...add a fight scene))
13obthepirate
really likes to post.
really likes to post.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:53 pm

I practically pinned him down. "Now you stay there or I'll have to..." I trailed off, unable to find a threat. Then I rose and went off to go find water and food. Not quite ten minuted away from the 'camp' I saw it. On the trees there hung..people legitimacy well, hung. That could only mean something bad was going on. We were in danger just behind me there was a crunch. When I turned the sight made me scream.

Back to top Go down

Post by 13obthepirate on Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:02 pm

Thety had sneaked up behind me, forcing me to not have enough time to think. There were two men, early twenties, at the peak of athleticism. But I was smarter than them. They each carried a knife, and one had a rifle slung around his back. I guessed that the both had pistols, but I couldn't be sure.
I kidded the first man's feet and made him fall to the ground. I stood up quickly and snapped the other's neck. How did I learn to snap a neck? And did it really matter?
I pulled the gun out of the holster belonging to the man who had a snapped neck. He was the one with the rifle.
I pointed the pistol at the other man. "Leave us alone," i shouted at him. His legs started scurrying off in a direction.
I fell on my knees and began to cry.
13obthepirate
really likes to post.
really likes to post.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:14 pm

I was still quite far away from out 'camp'. The guy stood there a short sword pointed at me, gradually beginning to poke me in the stomach. Who carried a sword anyways? "Stop, please!" I scream. Then something comes to mind and I fall back sliding under and tripping him somehow managing to take the dirk from his grasp, turning it on him.

Back to top Go down

Post by 13obthepirate on Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:26 pm

I wipe my face clear of my tears. There was no use crying, I killed a oerson and thats that. I took the dead man's holster and put it around my own waist, put his knife in my belt, and slug his rifle over my shoulder. I'd give the pistol to Shirlee, and prolly the knife too. And that's when it hit me, she was prolly ambushed too. I ran in the direction she went, until I finally found her.
13obthepirate
really likes to post.
really likes to post.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:33 pm

I was currently holding the attacker down the knife against his sternum, unsure what to do from here. Did I want to kill him?

Back to top Go down

Post by 13obthepirate on Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:50 pm

"wow, sweatheart," i said, legitimately i
pressed. "I though you'd need some help but...it seems that you have everything handled without me.
13obthepirate
really likes to post.
really likes to post.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:57 pm

I didn't dare look up. "Do I kill him?" I asked afraid.

Back to top Go down

Post by 13obthepirate on Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:02 pm

"Unless you'd prefer me to." I said. I realized that I would have to get used to killing people. And Shirlee would to.
13obthepirate
really likes to post.
really likes to post.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:08 pm

I sucked in a breath and hit the guy hard on the temples, knocking him out thoroughly before thrusting the blade in through the solar plexus at and upward angle. The death was instantaneous but I still felt horrible. I fell back on my heels and began to cry.

Back to top Go down

Post by 13obthepirate on Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:28 pm

I ran up to her and hugged her, and to comfort her, but it didn't work. "It'll be ok," i tred to tell her, but it didnt seem to get through. Had we really only known each other for a day? It was already dark out. We would have to sleep soon. But I didn't worry about that. I slent all of my energy on comforting Shirlee.
13obthepirate
really likes to post.
really likes to post.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:46 pm

I let him hold me while I cried and although it didn't seem like it, I was greatly comforted by his being present. Kyle was all I had now and in a strange way, I was grateful of that. When my tears stopped and by sobs dissipated I rose to my feet, taking his hand. The corpses were everywhere still in the trees and I was deathly afraid of that. "We need to get out of this grove." were my simple words.

Back to top Go down

Post by 13obthepirate on Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:57 pm

My responce was short and to the point. "yes." i said. The hung bodies wasnt tge thing that scared me. It was their eyes. They were all gold, like Shirlee's and mine.
On the way back to our "camp" I gave Shirlee the pistol. She would need it eventually, I could tell. I figured she'd be fime with the pistol and the blade she had stolen.
When we reached our camp I stopped. "So, what are we doing for sleep tonight?" I asked her.
13obthepirate
really likes to post.
really likes to post.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:59 pm

There was no good place, but eventually we settled for a spot close-ish to the highway. No fire tonight and it was lucky the the weather wasn't that cold. "I'm terrified" I admitted sleeplessly.

Back to top Go down

Post by 13obthepirate on Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:16 am

"Don't worry," I told her, "I'll protect you." truthfully I was easily as scared as Shirlee, if not more, but this was not the time to be afraid. Now was the time to take charge, an protect us.
13obthepirate
really likes to post.
really likes to post.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:07 pm

I stretched out on the grass and stared at the stars, finding constellations like my parents had showed me. How I missed them. There was a disturbance in the sounds of the night. Were we being attacked? "Kyle?" I whispered through the darkness.

Back to top Go down

Post by 13obthepirate on Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:54 pm

"yeah?" I responded, half asleep. It had been a long day, and I was ready to pass out.
13obthepirate
really likes to post.
really likes to post.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:03 pm

"There is somebody out there" I said a note of panic in my voice, gripping to my backpack.

Back to top Go down

Post by 13obthepirate on Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:59 pm

"Nobody's out there," I said, soothingly. "And if there was it wouldn't matter, we can take care of anybody." I had to soothe her. It felt like my duty. Sort of a trade for her helping me. She heals my wounds, I make her feel safe.
13obthepirate
really likes to post.
really likes to post.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:09 pm

"This place just gives my the chills," I said, but he was probably right: we could take care of anybody. So I closed my eyes and began reciting the periodic table of elements in my head until I fell fast asleep.

I dreamed that Kyle and I were in the heart of a giant metropolitan area downtown. All the buildings had a green tint, almost like how I would picture a distopia version of the Emerald City in Oz. Police patrolled the streets and flyers were everywhere declaring that gold eyed people were illegal....

Back to top Go down

Post by 13obthepirate on Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:25 pm

I only slept for about two hours. Its not that a nightmare woke me up, it was a dreamless sleep, as usual.
When I woke up it took me a few minutes to recall all that had happened. I then went through my usual morning routine: deciding my feelings toward others.
I looked at Shirlee. She sure looked cute when she was sleeping. No! I couldn't think of her like that. This was about survival. But...when would I ever meet a girl like her again? I felt like she was smart enough for me...like she was smart enough to understand me.
I didn't reach a verdict that morning. It was probobally around 6:00 when I decided to wake Shirlee up.
"Hey," I wispered in her ear,"get up, we need to move soon."
13obthepirate
really likes to post.
really likes to post.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:33 pm

I tried to say "alright" but it probably came out of an incoherent groan. Time to awaken. Quickly I began to organize my thoughts and what my brain had attempted to speak to me in my sleep. Fear was obviously one of them. Kyle? I would definitively stick with him for awhile. A few other things fell into place after that. My eyes opened and I sat up. Digging through my backpack I pulled out a water bottle and granola bar. A mirror an brush. My reflection scared me. The perfectly applied makeup from yesterday was gone as were my perfect curls. Oh well now was not the place or time for beauty. Quickly I brushed through my hair putting it into a french braid, and then I washed the rest of the pain off my face. It would have to do. "Okay lets go."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top