Hunger Games (Spoilers!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hunger Games (Spoilers!)

Post by Tiana on Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:31 pm

What did you think of the books?

“Say what you mean and mean what you say, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
Tiana
Head of staff.
Head of staff.

Female Posts : 2622
Birthday : 1994-01-03
Humor : CANDY!!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hunger Games (Spoilers!)

Post by zelf on Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:36 pm

I thought over all the books were good. But I did not like how katniss decided to have a hungar games with capitol children. I mean yeah the capitol was cruel. but maybe not everyone that lived there agreed with their government.

I love animals.

I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints. ((or I'm a Mormon )

I have a turtle.
zelf
Owner
Owner

Male Posts : 19700
Birthday : 1994-06-03
Humor : lol

View user profile http://thechatterbox.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiana on Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:42 pm

I agree, I didn't think they were being any better than the capital. She said she was doing it for Prim, but Prim would NEVER have wanted that, she hated the games.

“Say what you mean and mean what you say, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
Tiana
Head of staff.
Head of staff.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zelf on Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:44 pm

yeah, Prim would have said no.

I love animals.

I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints. ((or I'm a Mormon )

I have a turtle.
zelf
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by avery on Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:10 pm

I don't know, but I have private tickets for 9.30 am at the Spartan 16 next friday cheers

-Prim wouldn't have wanted it.
-Katniss was the deciding factor, and I don't remember it being njust capitol children but I'm tired and I read Mockingjay much too long ago.
-Gale is my enemy.
-Totally doing a THG fanfic with chatterbox, GU and MP members. Kevin is already part of it.
-Peeta and Katniss is wrong. Wronger than than the Wong incident yesterday. Wronger than my messed up posts on Symbi.tk. Wronger than Bec--*murdered*
-This book totally reminds me of Elf Realm. Why?
avery
staff
staff

Female Posts : 151
Location : In a fantastic world where my fantasies about dragons are all true. Excepty that one nasty dream...
Humor : Watching those who read my blog and forum posts say "WAIT, they're the same person?!"

View user profile http://solsticestar.ucoz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gat on Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:56 am

Enjoyed the series much, hope they don't freakin' ruin the movie, I won tickets for the midnight premiere this Friday.
Though Prim would have said no, I say YES. I DESPISE the Capitol.
I hope this doesn't turn out to be Team Peeta and Team Gale. DX I don't want that, that's for Twilight and no one cares.
gat
really likes to post.
really likes to post.

Female Posts : 1319
Birthday : 1999-03-28
Humor : I used to be Lady whatever whatever/Cortana/ten million other things. That's it. That's the joke. Myself on here, is the fckn joke. I am laughing and crying I swear to god.

View user profile http://cruciblc.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiana on Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:57 pm

I would have said 'No.' it is not the kids fault the adults are jerks, so why are they punishing them? Not to mention, that doesn't make them any better than the Capital was. I am going to see the movie tonight. Hope it is good....

Tiana
Head of staff.
Head of staff.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zelf on Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:03 pm

I would say no because some of the capitol people might have been against what their goverment was doing. just because you live in the same place does not mean you like them.

I love animals.

I have a turtle.
zelf
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiana on Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:04 pm

They were totally unaware of how bad things were, they werew brainwashed by the higher up to think the whole thing was okay.

Tiana
Head of staff.
Head of staff.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fairykind1711 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:26 pm

The Capital is in support of the government, the people living in the Capital ARE the government mostly, and those who aren't are invited by the government because they believe in what the government is doing...I love these books for that reason. It may be scary, but these kinds of totalitarian governments exist, it really gives the books a realistic sense.

What's tall green and has wheels? GRASS! I was just kidding about the wheels! :3

You see...what had happened was...uh...I'm just gonna go now... What a Face
fairykind1711
roleplaying staff
roleplaying staff

Female Posts : 1001
Birthday : 1996-05-01
Humor : lolwhut?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiana on Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:40 pm

I have been reading a lot about the world wars and I am seeing a lot of similarities. Like there was a reaping of sorts in the US during the first worlds war a couple of times a month. It is kind of scary.

Last edited by Tiana on Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tiana
Head of staff.
Head of staff.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fairykind1711 on Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:35 pm

Yeah, it is...and the weird thing is, since you brought up WWI, the Selective Service Act of 1917 was basically a reaping. Only a slight few million men out of millions were chosen to be sent to Europe. And something else is the Public Information Board that was established in the Great War. It's really similar to how the Capital manipulated information so that the people only saw and heard what the government wanted the people to hear. It was initially to make Americans hate the Germans, and it worked, but it's really similar to how the Capital did with the Games with editing out parts of the Victor's Tour with Katniss and what-not. It's really scary how realistic it is, I agree with you.

What's tall green and has wheels? GRASS! I was just kidding about the wheels! :3

You see...what had happened was...uh...I'm just gonna go now... What a Face
fairykind1711
roleplaying staff
roleplaying staff

Female Posts : 1001
Birthday : 1996-05-01
Humor : lolwhut?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:40 pm

But selective service was kind of done with after Vietnam war. Or something like that.
I was actually satisfied with the ending in a way. Compared to the rest of the books it found a semi-good stopping place, although I didn't like how she just said "The boy and the girl" when referring to her own children. It was as if she were emotionally detached.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fearix Kamori on Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:39 am

I personally didn't like the thrid book but the other two were amazing

Fearix Kamori
roleplaying staff
roleplaying staff

Male Posts : 3459
Birthday : 1998-06-03
Humor : Everything is funny when you're with friends

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:53 pm

Finnick... Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiana on Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:17 pm

How do you think Catching Fire will turn out movie wise? I personally loved the first one, though I wish there had been less shaky cam. But we have a different director for this one... *crossing my fingers and hoping for the best*

Tiana
Head of staff.
Head of staff.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down